scholarships = free money

I have been sitting here thinking about ways to get money to pay for college, and then I thought, "duh. apply for scholarships." So I went to the old fastweb site and updated my profile I had created in high school, then started searching. I am eligible for 43 scholarships listed on that site.

This takes some time to search through all of these, but after being in college for a year and a half I have realized how hard it is to get money, so even if I spend 10 hours searching for scholarships, if I can get one then it will be worth it. My ultimate goal is to graduate from college debt-free, and even though my parents are helping I am not on track to meet that goal. Even though working at my job 20 hours a week on top of school is helping, it isn't quite getting me there. This is where the scholarship search comes in. I am trying to take every possible angle on earning money for college, and this is the most obvious.

I would like to encourage any of you who are still in college to check out fastweb, as it is a great time saving database of scholarships that is recognized as the best one to use. You just put your info in and it tells you what to apply for. Scholarships are an easy way to get free money, and they aren't that hard if you can write a decent essay telling why you need money so bad.

Good luck on paying for college and getting those scholarships!

-------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to bookmark this site and sign up for the RSS feed so you can stay up-to-date on new posts!

 

2 comments:

  1. Tony H. said,

    I'm not too fond of fastweb.

    Most of their "scholarships" are just essay contests from various websites. They're basically advertisements.

    on December 12, 2007 at 12:18 PM


  2. Jeremy said,

    Some of them are, but there are a lot of good scholarships there too. You just have to take the time to sort through them. Its worth the time if you get a scholarship. Even if its only a $500 one, the way I see that is that is two weeks worth of work!

    on December 12, 2007 at 12:50 PM